The 41st AIVC – ASHRAE IAQ joint Conference “IAQ 2020: Indoor Environmental Quality Performance Approaches Transitioning from IAQ to IEQ” will be held during the 14th & 16th of September 2020 in Athens, Greece. It will be a joint event combined with the 9th TightVent and the 7th venticool conferences.
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) has been the core of ASHRAE’S IAQ series of conferences for the past 30 years. This conference will expand from Indoor Air Quality to Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ). IEQ includes air quality, thermal comfort, acoustics, and illumination and their interactions. The particular focus of this conference is on performance approaches including the metrics, systems, sensors and norms necessary to implement them.
- Health and Well-being: Appropriate technical and operational definitions
- Performance Metrics: For all aspects of IEQ
- Interactions: Interactions between IEQ parameters
- Occupant Behavior: How behavior impacts IEQ and how IEQ impacts behavior – psychological dimensions of IEQ
- Smart Sensors and Big Data: Sensor properties, data management, cybersecurity, applications
- Smart Controls: Equipment properties, commissioning, equivalence
- Resilience and IEQ: Responding to climate change and disasters
- Ventilation: Mechanical, passive, natural and hybrid systems
- Air Tightness: Trends, methods and impacts
- Thermal Comfort: Dynamic approaches, health impacts and trends
- Policy and Standards: Trends, impacts, implications
- Submission of abstract, December 9, 2019
- Notification of decision on abstract, February 12, 2020
- Submission of complete manuscript, April 17, 2020
- Final acceptance, June 12, 2020
- Philomena Bluyssen, Professor of Indoor Environment, TU Delft
- Richard de Dear, Ph.D., Director, Indoor Environmental Quality Laboratory, University of Sydney
- Mariana Figuiero, Director of the Lighting Research Center, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Dr. Benjamin Jones, Associate Professor, University of Nottingham
- Cath Noakes, PhD, FIMechE, FIHEEM, Professor of Environmental Engineering for Buildings, University of Leeds
- Stephanie Taylor MD, M Architecture, CIC, FRSPH(UK), MCABE, Taylor Healthcare Consulting, Inc.
Abstract submission is open at: https://www.conftool.org/IAQ2020/
Registration is not yet open. Once open, a link will be available here
For more information, please visit https://www.ashrae.org/conferences/topical-conferences/indoor-environmental-quality-performance-approaches or contact email@example.com.