After careful consideration by the Steering Committee and from input by authors, ASHRAE and AIVC have decided to postpone the conference, which was initially scheduled for September 14-16, 2020 in Athens, Greece.
The conference “IAQ 2020: Indoor Environmental Quality Performance Approaches Transitioning from IAQ to IEQ”, organized by ASHRAE and AIVC, is being postponed by one year to September 13-15, 2021 as a face-to-face conference in Athens, Greece. The conference will also be the 9th TightVent and 7th venticool conference.
Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) has been the core of ASHRAE’S IAQ series of conferences for the past 30 years. This conference will expand from Indoor Air Quality to Indoor Environmental Quality (IEQ). IEQ includes air quality, thermal comfort, acoustics, and illumination and their interactions. The particular focus of this conference is on performance approaches including the metrics, systems, sensors and norms necessary to implement them.
The Steering Committee has decided to make environmental impacts of COVID19 a part of the conference. See the Topics list below.
- Health and Well-being: Appropriate technical and operational definitions
- Performance Metrics: For all aspects of IEQ
- Interactions: Interactions between IEQ parameters
- Occupant Behavior: How behavior impacts IEQ and how IEQ impacts behavior – psychological dimensions of IEQ
- Smart Sensors and Big Data: Sensor properties, data management, cybersecurity, applications
- Smart Controls: Equipment properties, commissioning, equivalence
- Resilience and IEQ: Responding to climate change and disasters
- Ventilation: Mechanical, passive, natural and hybrid systems
- Air Tightness: Trends, methods and impacts
- Thermal Comfort: Dynamic approaches, health impacts and trends
- Policy and Standards: Trends, impacts, implications
- Role of ventilation and building airtightness in epidemic preparedness
- Filtration and disinfection options to control COVID19
- Face-covering impacts on indoor air quality
- HVAC and IEQ in a post-COVID world
- Notification of decision of abstract: February 15, 2021
- Submission of complete manuscript: April 19, 2021
- Final paper acceptance: June 14, 2021
- Philomena Bluyssen, Professor of Indoor Environment, TU Delft
- Richard de Dear, Ph.D., Director, Indoor Environmental Quality Laboratory, University of Sydney
- Mariana Figuiero, Director of the Lighting Research Center, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- Dr. Benjamin Jones, Associate Professor, University of Nottingham
- Cath Noakes, PhD, FIMechE, FIHEEM, Professor of Environmental Engineering for Buildings, University of Leeds
- Stephanie Taylor MD, M Architecture, CIC, FRSPH(UK), MCABE, Taylor Healthcare Consulting, Inc.
For more information, please visit:
or contact email@example.com.