The National Standards Authority of Ireland (NSAI) operates a registration scheme that certifies testers to I.S. EN 13829:2000 – Thermal Performance of Buildings – Determination of Air Permeability of Domestic Buildings – (Single or Single & Multi) Fan Pressurization Method.
Under this scheme NSAI’s inspectors:
- assess the operations and procedures of airtightness testers;
- witness an airtightness test against the requirements of I.S. EN 13829:2000;
- carry out an assessment of a number of airtightness test reports;
- ensure that appropriate records are maintained for completed tests;
- ascertain that test equipment is adequately maintained and under calibration;
- ensure that health & safety documentation is in place.
The NSAI Certificate of Registration is obtained once the tester is in compliance with the scheme requirements and is then approved by the inspectors.