Around 160 participants attended the joint 36th AIVC – 5th TightVent – 3rd venticool conference held in Madrid, Spain September 23-24, 2015. The programme consisted of 3 parallel sessions with contributions from 27 countries and international organisations.
Over 120 presentations were given covering topics ranging from air infiltration through leaks in the building envelope and ductwork, ventilation in relation to IAQ and health, ventilative cooling and thermal comfort.
It has also been a major discussion place for on-going projects and initiatives such as the TightVent Europe and venticool (http://venticool.eu/) platforms, the Indoor Environmental Quality – Global Alliance (http://ieq-ga.net/), the QUALICHeCK project and platform, the IEA EBC annex 62 (http://venticool.eu/annex-62-home/), the IEA EBC annex 68 etc., based on presentations of results and perspectives as well as fruitful interactions with the audience.
Specific sessions dealing with airtightness included:
- Building airtightness testing: ground status from various countries
- Airtightness – Airflow measurements
- Solutions and future developments for airtight envelopes and ductwork in new and renovated buildings
- Air infiltration modelling
- Airflow and airtightness measurements
More information will follow soon including a summary of the airtightness track, so stay tuned!