A special issue of Buildings (ISSN 2075-5309) is now open for submission.
This Special Issue is motivated by the importance of the airtightness of buildings in terms of indoor air quality and the energy implications of heat transfer. Currently, it is not possible to design and construct nZEB buildings without taking this parameter into account, and it is essential that we can determine this parameter in buildings to be renovated in order to achieve a significant improvement in their final energy consumption.
The aim of this Special Issue is to present the most recent studies addressing airtightness and infiltration in buildings. Topics of interest include the following:
- Experimental tests in constructed buildings;
- Effects on the comfort and health of building occupants;
- Methods for testing individual zones within multi-zone complexes;
- Alternative methods of pressurization for calculating airtightness;
- Effects on the performance of heat recovery systems;
- Impact of infiltrations on the energy consumption of buildings.
Research papers, analytical reviews, case studies, conceptual frameworks and policy-relevant articles are welcome. All papers will be published as open access after a rigorous peer-review process.
Deadline for manuscript submissions: 15 March 2024
For further information please visit: https://www.mdpi.com/journal/buildings/special_issues/H3AN3340X6