The September 2020 issue of the “Energy Efficiency and Indoor Climate in Buildings” newsletter has just been released. This monthly online newspaper contains relevant information on the Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre (AIVC), the building and ductwork airtightness platform (TightVent Europe), the international platform on ventilative cooling (venticool), the Dynastee network, the Indoor Environmental Quality – Global Alliance (IEQ-GA) & EU relevant information. The paper is available at the first week of every month at: http://news.inive.org/
We would like to encourage you to subscribe to get informed on a regular basis on our platforms’ activities.
The 18th issue of the TightVent newsletter is now available! Specific contents include:
- 14 -16 September 2020 – 41st AIVC & 9th TightVent – ASHRAE IAQ joint conference in Athens, Greece
- AIVC Ventilation Information Paper no 40 “Ductwork airtightness- A review”
- TAAC news
- TightVent-AIVC Webinars on durability of airtightness – Recordings available
- AIVC- TightVent project: Integrating uncertainties due to wind and stack in declared airtightness results
- Durabilit’AIR project: Feedback and follow up
- Guidelines for airtightness measurements of high-rise buildings
- Product news from our partners
To download the newsletter please click here.
The Air Infiltration & Ventilation Centre has just released AIVC Literature List 35 “Building & Ductwork Airtightness”.
The document is split into 3 main chapters including:
- papers & slides presented at AIVC & TightVent Europe annual conferences and publications produced in collaboration with AIVC & TightVent Europe,
- slides presented at workshops organized with the collaboration of AIVC, TightVent Europe & the QUALICHeCK platform, and
- recordings from webinars organized with the collaboration AIVC, TightVent Europe & the QUALICHeCK platform.
Please click here to download and read the document.
The April 2020 edition of the REHVA Journal has been released, including a selection of articles presented at the 40th AIVC – 8th TightVent & 6th venticool Conference, 2019 “From energy crisis to sustainable indoor climate – 40 years of AIVC” held in Ghent, Belgium on 15-16 October, 2019.
Specific articles include:
- Real-life ventilation filter performance in a city environment | Joris Van Herreweghe (BBRI, BE), Samuel Caillou (BBRI, BE), Tom Haerinck (BBRI, BE), Johan Van Dessel (BBRI, BE)
- Particle filtration in energy efficient housing with MVHR | Gabriel Rojas (Salzburg University of Applied Sciences, Austria)
- Cloud based large-scale performance analysis of a smart residential MEV system | Bavo De Maré (Renson Ventilation, BE), Stijn Germonpré (Renson Ventilation, BE), Jelle Laverge (Ghent University, BE), Frederik Losfeld (Renson Ventilation, BE), Ivan Pollet (Renson Ventilation, BE), Steven Vandekerckhove (Renson Ventilation & KU Leuven, BE)
- Assessment of mid-term and long-term building airtightness durability | Bassam Moujalled (Cerema, FR), Sylvain Berthault (Cerema, FR), Andrés Litvak (Cerema, FR), Valérie Leprince (PLEIAQ, FR), Gilles Frances (Cetii, FR)
- New findings on measurements of very airtight buildings | Stefanie Rolfsmeier (BlowerDoor GmbH, DE)
- Influence of horizontal mounted flue gas exhaust systems on indoor air quality | Xavier Kuborn (BBRI, BE), Sébastien Pecceu (BBRI, BE)
To download and read the full journal please visit: https://www.rehva.eu//rehva-journal/detail/02-2020
The Air Infiltration & Ventilation Centre has just released Ventilation Information Paper no 40: “Ductwork airtightness – A review“.
The paper aims to complement Ventilation Information Paper VIP 01 “Airtightness of ventilation ducts”. It provides a literature review of the work performed since 2003 in the field of ductwork airtightness.
Its objectives are to provide information on:
- the impact of ductwork airtightness;
- regulations and standards;
- measurements methods; and
- the implementation of ductwork airtightness.
Please click here to download and read the document.
We are pleased to announce that the proceedings & slides of the 2019 AIVC- TightVent-venticool joint Conference “From energy crisis to sustainable indoor climate – 40 years of AIVC” held on 15-16 October 2019 in Ghent, Belgium are now available … Continue reading
The Proceedings of the 39th AIVC – 7th TightVent & 5th venticool Conference “Smart Ventilation for Buildings”, held in Antibes Juan-Les-Pins, France on 18-19 September, 2018 are now available for download.
Please click HERE to access the event’s papers, slides and Book of Proceedings.
The 15th issue of the TightVent newsletter is now available! Specific contents include: Foreword 15 -16 October 2019 – 40th AIVC & 8th TightVent conference in Ghent, Belgium Feedback from the 39th AIVC & 7th TightVent conference: Summary of the airtightness track … Continue reading
“Energy Efficiency and Indoor Climate in Buildings” has just been released. This monthly online newspaper contains relevant information on the building and ductwork airtightness platform (TightVent Europe), the Air Infiltration and Ventilation Centre (AIVC), the international platform for ventilative cooling (venticool) … Continue reading
On 19 June 2018, the revised Energy Performance of Buildings Directive (EU) 2018/844 was published in the Official Journal of the European Union, following its formal approval by the Parliament on 17 April 2018 and by the Council of Ministers … Continue reading