The TightVent Airtightness Associations Committee (TightVent TAAC committee) was launched on September 26, 2012. Its primary goal is to promote reliable testing and reporting procedures.
Since then, the committee has met 25 times via internet and held 6 physical meetings, one in Hannover on June 6, 2013 (before the 8th International BUILDAIR Symposium), in Poznan on September 23, 2014 (before the 35th AIVC-4th TightVent-2nd venticool joint Conference), in Madrid on September 22, 2015 (before the 36th AIVC-5th TightVent-3rd venticool joint Conference), in Nottingham on September 12, 2017 (before the 38th AIVC-6th TightVent-4th venticool joint Conference), in Juan Les Pins on September 20, 2018 (after the 39th AIVC – 7th TightVent – 5th venticool joint Conference) and in Ghent on October 17, 2019 (after the 40th AIVC – 8th TightVent – 6th venticool joint Conference).
The scope includes various aspects:
- airtightness requirements in the countries involved
- competent tester schemes in the countries involved
- applicable standards and guidelines for testing
- collection of relevant guidance and training documents
- share of knowledge and experience
- information on ongoing research work in the field of building and ductwork airtightness
In case you are interested to join this initiative, please write an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conditions for joining
Members of the TightVent Airtightness Associations Committee are formal or informal groups of testers who both:
- represent a significant number of testers in their country or region compared to the total number of testers (or aim to achieve this in the near future); and
- strive to improve the quality of airtightness testing and reporting procedures;
Guests may be invited to join the committee either:
- if there are neither formal nor informal groups of testers in their country/region but as individuals, they show the will to improve the quality of airtightness testing and reporting procedures; or
- if their expertise is useful to the committee.
Members and guests are approved by TightVent Steering Committee members. They may be revoked at any time upon the Steering Committee’s decision.
The text and images of this webpage is available for modification and reuse under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 3.0 Unported License and the GNU Free Documentation License (unversioned, with no invariant sections, front-cover texts, or back-cover texts).