A calibration should be carried out by an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited lab. Sometimes in some specific context it is allowed to have the calibration done by:

  1. a lab that has standards traceable to ISO/IEC 17025 accredited calibrations
  2. the manufacturer
  3. the user of the instrument

There are no general requirements, each country has its own regulations and the extent to which it is an advice, recommendation or obligation also varies from country to country. The calibration must, at the very least, demonstrate compliance with the factory specifications of the device.


See also

Posted in: Building Airtightness, Ductwork airtightness